Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Horses and plans

Last Saturday as you all know, Suzanne and I went down to the Midwest Horse Fair in Madison. I feel just like she does. I want a horse again and I miss riding so much. The Icelandics were cool and I also enjoyed the Andulusians and the Fresians. I asked my mom about getting a horse again when I moved back home and so we went out to the barn to look things over. However, we found some bad things. Three of the main beams that hold up the barn are in some pretty bad shape. Two of them are cracked and splitting apart and the third is actually leaning out of it's socket and bending. We don't think the barn is too safe anymore and I will not put a horse in there unless I know it won't suddenly topple on him. My mom also said that our place is not very practical for having a horse. It is a really cool place but it is getting a little to expensive for my parents and alot of expensive repairs need to be done if not now, then sometime soon. I love the place but I agree with my mom about all those things. So I think we will soon be looking for a new place to live. I'm not sure though because everything is pretty much up in the air as yet. I must confess though I have it all kind of figured out :) About 7 to 10 acres, a medium size barn nothing huge, good patureland, an area to put an arena, I nice sized house, and good land to go exploring in :)! Maybe a creek or pond on the property and alot of trees too. Close to some horse trails would be great too. Anyway, I suppose I should get going. I have to go help my mom paint my grandma's room today. Fun, fun, fun. Talk to you all later! Arrevedeirci!!!!! God bless!
Mary

3 comments:

Gregaria said...

Wow, that would be really nice... to have my parents even consider moving so that we could get a horse... yeah, that would be a dream come true. I have definitely always wanted a horse, though if I got one, I might get bored with it or tired taking care of it. Probably a good thing I've never had the opportunity. But, still, they're really beautiful animals!

Scyldmaiden said...

Why not get an outdoor shed? My neighbors have that and it seems to work well for thier horses.

Anonymous said...

Horses are cool. I always wanted one when I was little, but now I wouldn't have time to take care of one. They're really beautiful, like Hannah said. :) I really like them.