Friday, April 14, 2006

Happy Easter!!!!!!!!!!!

I know it is only Good Friday but I don't think I'll be on again till after the day, so Happy Easter everyone!!!!!! Like Suzanne I am happy that Lent is finally over but I think it has been a very fruitful and grace-filled time for me. Last night after Holy Thursday Mass, I stayed in adoration till 10:30pm and just sat talking to Our Lord. I felt so at peace that I almost thought I was falling asleep :) But Our Lord is such a good listener, a rarity in this world, and I just gave Him all my troubles, worries, expectations, hope, dreams, and everything I had,to do with what He will. It felt like total abandonment to Him. That was quite a new feeling for me and yet, it was such a great thing. I really felt as if He had wrapped His arms around me and would never let me go. I can't describe it accurately but I hope you get the jist of it. Then a strange thing happened to me as I walked out of church. There was a thunderstorm brewing and it had just begun to really start lightening and thundering. I was about halfway between the church and the parking lot when lightening struck right above me and for a split second all I could see was white light. Now, I was deathly afraid of thunderstorms when I was young and I still don't like being outside when one hits, but at that moment I did not feel the least bit afraid. I felt as if nothing could harm me and was at peace in my soul. Like I said before, I really can't describe it too well, but I tried :) Anyways, my family thanks you for all the prayers and to let you know they are still needed. You all are constantly in our prayers too. May you all have a blessed and Happy Easter. God Bless. Arrevedeirci!!!!!
Mary

P.S. Suzanne, I hope you had fun over at my house and that maybe we can do it again sometime. Did the horse bit you found clean up good? Next time we'll pack a lunch and go hiking and scavenger hunting all day :) Also about next Saturday, we don't have to be there at 8:00am if you dont want to get up that early :) so whenever you want to head out just let me know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Same to you! Isn't Holy Week the best week of the year in every respect? I mean, for shear drama, you don't get any better. Holy Thursday Mass at our church was so awesome. And then Good Friday veneration of the Cross. And then today's the Easter Vigil. Honestly, it's so cool. I love Holy Week... :) Jesus is totally... undescribable. Yes. Good word to describe him. ;)

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter to you, too! My Holy Thursday was really cool as well... especially adoration.

Scyldmaiden said...

Wow, that is quite the experiance. Will be praying...

Holy Week is great. I always dread the length of the services, but wouldn't miss them for the world. Holy Saturday was a whooping 2 and a half hours long.

I did have fun. I haven't had a chance to clean the bit yet, but it is on my to do list.