Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Scared stiff of Mom!

My mother really knows how to scare me sometimes! I pretty much told her that in October when my lease is up, I will be moving back home. My mom thinks it will be great to have me back home, however, I've been out on my own now for almost three years. She is making all these plans and things for when I do move back and I'm kind of waiting for the lightening to hit me! She was telling me all about her "plans" when we went out to lunch today and I was freaking out. I mean, I am scared to death of moving back home! I have a feeling that I will go absolutely nuts when the time comes. Let me fill you in on some of the details..... You see, my mom and I have always been somewhat at odds all my life. When I was a teenager, it just got worse. After I graduated school and was working full time, things got so bad that she decided I had to move out. For the first six-eight months I was out on my own, I hardly ever talked to my mom and never went back home, until one day she called me and asked me to go to lunch with her. We talked things over and had sort of a reconciliation with each other. Ever since then, things have been getting better between us, but we still have our really bad moments. I guess what I'm afraid of is that things will gradually go back to the way they were before when I get back home. I don't know. Maybe I'm just being paranoid but I can't help feeling this way. Well I have till October to think about it. On a happier note, thank you all for the continued prayers for they are greatly appreciated. Also, I filled out an application to a job that I am almost 80% sure of getting!!!!!!!!! I am praying so hard that I get that job because it would be an entry into the field I want to go to school for in the fall! Anyways, I better say goodbye for now. Things to do and places to go. Till next time........
God Bless,
Mary

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's the job position?

Scyldmaiden said...

It will be difficult moving back. You are used to doing things your own way now. Your mom will expect things her way. I am praying for you.
I want to know what job it is too.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I want to know the job position too. And I'll be doing Western Washington's greatest hobby: praying for you. Hope it works out okay! :)
P.S. If that doesn't make sense, it's because I'm sick, and I don't work when I'm sick. :) sorry...

Gregaria said...

Oh! I hope you can find some way to work things out with your mom or find someplace else to live because I agree with Scyld... it will be difficult after all this time out on your own.

Good luck with your job! I will pray as well :)

Little Mary said...

the job is a medical secertary/switchboard operator.