Monday, March 06, 2006

A great weekend!

To anyone who has not yet seen the new Pride and Prejudice, I highly recommend it! :) I have seen it twice and am going to buy it soon. I love all of Jane Austen's works and this movie portrays her work so well. It makes me want to jump in and become part of that world. This weekend was really lovely because I spent Sunday over at Suzanne's house and had a wonderful time!!! She confided to me that I shocked her brother Matt because I could actually put together a 3-D puzzle of Il Dumo! :) I thought that was funny, being a puzzle nut from a very young age. I had a wonderful time on the whole, and I think her whole family is great (especially her mom :)! It started snowing last night, so now all of Green Bay is covered in a white blanket. It is really pretty and I love the picture it creates. Yet, I do hope spring will come soon. I really don't have much else to add. I'm kind of bored right now and am just rambling on and on and on. Ok, ok, I'll stop :) I think I'm getting sick too because I have a non stop headache that has been going on since about 11:00pm last night. So I think I'll get off now and make myself some hot soup and drink some juice. Arrevadeirci!!!!!!
God Bless,
Mary

9 comments:

Kodi said...

"Pride and Prejudice" is indeed one heck of a wonderfully made movie. I've still only seen it once, but I plan on renting it and probably eventually buying it.

I agree with you that Suzanne's mom is really great. I haven't actually met her, but I have had the chance to talk with her once or twice.

...and I could start whining about the fact that Washington has only had snow once this year, and even then not that much. Instead, though, I think that it might be more fun to talk about the fact that we are already having spring-like weather around here :)

Anonymous said...

I was thinking the exact same thing as you, Kodi. About the spring weather, that is. The rest of it I either disagree with or don't know. So. Isn't the weather pretty? I love all the little spring flowers. But we have been having "spring" for about a month and a bit now... interspersed with snow. Anyway, now you Wisconsin gals know what we're going through weather wise. I could bring you more exciting news updates, but I don't think I will. Ha ha! Sorry, I'm really tired and my mind isn't functioning right.

Anonymous said...

I do not want anymore snow. I've been waiting eagerly for spring weather and I'm happy that it's starting to show itself. And the blossoms on the trees are opening up now, too, so that's nice.

I haven't seen the new Pride and Prejudice... I guess I'll have to just to see why everyone loves it so much.

Scyldmaiden said...

*sigh of relif* I am glad you had a good time, my family didn't intimidate you and to see you got home in one piece. (I saw a few cars in the ditch on my way to school the next day. It was a heavy snow.)
I think you need your head examined, Zenka. Just because you don't like Keira Knightly is no reason to hate a wonderfully done movie.
You folks have spring in Washington?!?!?! I'd be happy if we get spring in mid-March. It might not happen till April if the cold weather holds.

Anonymous said...

Oh, it's not because I hate Kiera Knightly. And Mad, 'everyone' is a relative term. Talk to a Bernhoft or a Curtis, and they'll prove that not everone likes that movie. Blech. Mr. Bingly and his red elvis-do... Oich! And Mad, I wouldn't spend two hours watching it again (or for the first time) if someone payed me. HA! *thumbs nose in general direction of Wisconsin* Put that in your pipe and smoke it. *thbbbt*

Anonymous said...

Okay... so after I said 'everyone' I did think of you, Shill, and how you wouldn't appreciate it. Well, ha! I know you don't like it.

Anonymous said...

Well, Mad, all I can say is watch your mouth next time around. Are you going to see it? I don't think you should, but what ev. If you do, and if you don't like it, we can discuss it and how bad it is. ;)
P.S> I'm feeling pretty belligerent today.

Anonymous said...

I can tell. :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry, guys. Mary, I wouldn't be surprised if you blocked me from ever commenting on here again. I shouldn't comment while being belligerent. :)